2018 Goldrick Seminar
Naval Shipbuilding Enterprise: Its Contribution to Navy Strategy
Monday 17 September 2018
The 2018 Goldrick Seminar will be co-convened by the Australian Naval Institute, the Royal Australian Navy, the Australian Centre for the Study of Armed Conflict and Society and the Submarine Institute of Australia.
The all-day event will be held at the Adams Auditorium on 17 September 2018. The Seminar will deal with the development of the Australian naval shipbuilding enterprise. The topic was chosen by the former Chief of Navy, Vice Admiral Tim Barrett.
This year’s Seminar will feature a plenary session with three keynote speakers followed by a set of syndicate streams intended to examine three key concepts: Warfare; Capability; Workforce.
The seminar will feature eminent speakers from Defence, industry and academia. Confirmed speakers include:
- Rear Admiral Stephen Johnson USN (retired), CASG General Manager Submarines & A/Deputy Secretary National Naval Shipbuilding
- Rear Admiral Jonathan Mead RAN, Commander Australian Fleet
- Dr David Kershaw, Chief of Maritime Division, DST
- Mr Nigel Stewart, SEA 5000 Managing Director, BAE Systems
- Rear Admiral Mark Hammond, Deputy Chief of Navy, RAN
- Vice Admiral Peter Jones AO DSC RAN (Retd), ANI President
- Rear Admiral James Goldrick AO CSC RAN (Retd), Adjunct Professor UNSW Canberra
- Mr Peter Chesworth, First Assistant Secretary, Naval Shipbuilding Taskforce
- Mr Brent Clark
A general presentation and open forum stream will be held in parallel to the syndicate streams, with the key findings from this session included in the findings to be delivered during a final plenary session to Navy at the end of the day.
Participants should indicate when they register which of the four streams they wish to join.
At the conclusion of the seminar, the 2018 Australian Naval Review will be launched.
When: 0830 – 1630, Monday 17 September 2018
Where: Adams Auditorium, ADFA Northcott Drive, Campbell ACT
Cost: $75.00 for ANI members; $85.00 for non-members;
$145.00 for Seminar attendance & ANI membership to 30.06.19.
ADFA Midshipmen and Officer Cadets: complimentary registration
Dress: W7/Business casual attire
OR complete the Registration Form and return it to the ANI Secretariat.
Bookings and registrations close at 5.00pm on Thursday 6 September
For further information, contact the ANI Secretariat:
Phone: 02 6290 1505
2018 ANI Annual Dinner and Vernon Parker Oration
The 2018 ANI Annual Dinner and Vernon Parker Oration held on 10 May proved to be an outstanding event. Details here.
2018 McNeil Prize Winner: Andrew Whittaker